What is it used for?
• Testing the extrusion properties of different materials
• Research and optimization of processing characteristics
• Product development and recipe optimization
• Simulation of processes like cold forming, mixing, shaping, gelatinisation, plastification, cooking and expansion
• Different kinds of polymers, snacks, pasta, breakfast cereals, sweets, pet food, feed etc.
Why is this important?
The extruder allows flexible and efficient trials on a lab scale without
impacting the current production.
What are the benefits?
• Cut down on R&D costs – Increase time efficiency in R&D
• Test textures and sensory characteristics on a lab scale
• Vary easily your application ideas in terms of functionality, texture or shape