AUTEX Autoteile Export GmbH in its current form is a product of the merger in 2006 of the two companies Klotz Industrie- & Autoteile GmbH and AUTEX Autoteile Export GmbH. Klotz GmbH, founded in 1954, has developed over the years into a successful FAG dealer in the Rhineland. Its considerable success, including in the international export business, was achieved by its pioneering work in the introduction of HK wheel bearing kits. The progress made in the wholesale industry became so far-reaching that in 1994 it was deemed necessary to split the business segments. As a result, HK Autoteile GmbH was formed as a manufacturer and Klotz Ind. & Autoteile GmbH as a regional wholesaler. HK Autoteile later became part of the FAG Group and has since been incorporated into the Schaeffler Group. AUTEX Autoteile Export GmbH was founded in 1978 as a subsidiary of Lemförder Metallwaren AG.